Hi friends! I just returned home from a quick trip to Northern California where I was eating my way through San Francisco! I mean what else does a foodie do in a town known for their food? You EAT! I discovered some great food, cool scenery, and trendy boutique hotels but regretfully wish I had more time to really navigate about the city. If you’ve never had the pleasure to visit San Fran the best way to describe the city is …well, it’s HUGE (like a mini NY)! There are cool areas or districts that are sectioned off throughout the city like China Town, Little Italy, and the Wharf which all have shopping and restaurants. I decided to take the opportunity to play tourist and walk through the streets or should I say hike up and down the hills that run throughout the entire city. The city is built on hills! I even conquered Nob Hill which gained me a true champion badge with fit bit. Yep, I managed to climb 78 flights of stairs that day based on my fit bit and lets just say, I felt all 78 of them. Which means that my glutes and calves got a serious workout (that I cursed at the moment) and for that I am thankful.
It’s always fun traveling but I must admit I always look forward to returning to the comforts of home and a home cooked meal. I figured after all of my indulging because that’s what one does on vacay that I should get back to clean eating (with my occasional cheat of course). So, “Turkey Bolognese w/ Zucchini Zoodles” was in order! It’s clean, its easy, and its home cooked. The proper way to eat this bowl of yummy “Turkey Bolognese w/ Zucchini Zoodles” after traveling was piled up on my couch in front of the tv in a pair of comfy sweats. Ahhh, home sweet home.
- 3-4 Zucchini
- 1 lb of Ground Turkey
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- Fresh Basil
- 2-3 Cups of All Natural San Marzano Sauce (or your fav sauce)
- 1 Scoop of Garlic & Herb Alouette
- 1/8 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes
- Splash of Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Mince your garlic.
- Rough chop a couple of leaves of basil.
- In a pan with splash of olive oil saute your garlic and basil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your ground turkey and cook until done.
- Stir in sauce and season with spices.
- Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Make your zucchini noodles and saute in a separate pan until desired tenderness and season with salt & pepper.
- In a bowl add your zucchini zoodles, top with turkey bolognese, and a scoop of aloutte.